Welcome to Press 4.0! Your computerized powerlifting event director. If you are viewng this page as a result of successfully installing Press 4.0, congratulations, and let's get busy setting up your event. If not, please continue and educate yourself with the single most awesome tool a meet director will ever use.
- Double check that your system meets the minimum Requirements to run Press 4.0.
- If you successfully installed Press 4.0, start it by selecting Start, Programs, Whitelightsoft, and then finally "Press" which was placed there by the installer. A series of menus are available providing various options.
- First of all, you'll want to setup your Divisions, Weight Classes, and Weights (bar loading).
- Entering your Competitors is the next step in the setup process. Do this as you receive applications to reduce your work load during early weigh-ins and event day preparation.
- Continue to setup your event by identifying your Flights and Platforms.
- Print the Flight Listings and post them on the wall to finish up the preparation period. Also keep those in the warm up room aware of their anxiously anticipated platform appearances with the Flight Display feature.
- Move on to Running Your Event, and keep the audience and competitors informed with the Standings feature. Loading the bar can be easily manage from here too!
- Remember to identify those Disqualified Lifters after each competition.
- Finally, enter the event title, venue, and date and print the Results Listings and present those awards.
- With a workstation dedicated to the announcer, expeditor, bar loader, flight display, and/or standings display, Press 4.0 really shines in a Network Environment.
- Also, some Trouble Shooting tips have been provided for those inconveniences you may encounter.